Individual help for HIV-positive people experiencing material distress
The Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung supports HIV-positive people who are in material distress. Applications for support can be submitted to the Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung either directly or through a local counselling centre.
We would like to begin by informing you on the current situation regarding the support provided by the Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung during the coronavirus pandemic
The Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung, too, has been affected by the pandemic. Two planned benefit events had to be either cancelled or rescheduled to May 2021. Proceeds which had already been included in our budget are not available. Moreover, since mid-March, donations have decreased significantly. This means that we are unable to maintain our usual level of support due to the current donation and proceeds situation.
Decisions on applications for emergencies are made taking all individual circumstances into account and considering the funds available. Priority is given to those HIV-positive people who have experienced an acute emergency due to corona-related restrictions.
The support opportunities are continuously re-evaluated and the decisions made are adjusted according to the current scope of action.
- A situation of acute material hardship which cannot be resolved by claiming from statutory cost carriers (job centre, social welfare office, health insurance, etc.).
- In case of poverty, i.e. the disposable income does not exceed the unemployment benefit (Arbeitslosengeld II) or social assistance (Sozialhilfe).
- The emergency situation can be resolved by a one-time grant. Permanent support is not possible. The Deutsche AIDS- Stiftung will not assume any costs which have already incurred.
- The grant of the Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung is a subsidy, not a funding in full. The applicant must therefore provide a contribution.
The following documents must be submitted
- Completed application form (download see above). Please note: The application form can be edited on screen, saved and reopened for additions. Subsequently, please print and sign.
- Medical certificate confirming the HIV-infection from the attending doctor, with stamp and signature, in the original (when applying for the first time).
- Documented proof of your current monthly income and expenses. If you receive social benefits (Arbeitslosengeld II, Sozialhilfe, Grundsicherung), the complete approval certificate including calculation sheets of social benefits will generally suffice.
- Letter describing your health problems and social burdens. Please describe your material hardship situation and/or the necessary support.
- An estimate or a statement of costs on the applied support.
After receiving the application documents, the Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung will confirm receipt of the application, and provide contact details for a contact person. Granting financial support through the Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung is a voluntary benefit and may only be granted to the extent that corresponding funds are available. Therefore, a legal claim does not exist.
If you have any questions or would like to provide additional information before or after your application has been submitted, please contact us at:
Deutsche AIDS-Stiftung – Mittelvergabe
Münsterstrasse 18, 53111 Bonn
Phone: +49 228 6046-0 (from Monday to Friday, between 10.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m.)
Fax: +49 228 60469-96
Please submit your application together with the required supporting documents by post, fax or email.